Thursday, December 16, 2010

Big update

December is here already & I have been busy as usual.

I signed up for a test that was estimated to take 6 hours maximum. I was unable to finish it in that 6 hours, so I have to go back for about 2 hours. I think a lot of you would be asking me “what is this test for?” This test is for VR to see what kind of skills I have, or the skills that I need to gain for a job. A guy named Andrew has been testing me. He has said that I was pretty smart. I'm glad that most people think that I have something to offer, even if others don't see my value.

My husband finally finished this writing class that he took three times. He thought he would get a C but he got a B instead.

My oldest brother graduated from graduate school in accounting December, 11, 2010. My mom was able to see it on a live feed on the Internet. I was still asleep, because it was at 7 AM my time. I am very happy for him to be finished, & he did this with 3 young children at home. They are 5, 3, & 1. My brother’s family, decided to home school their kids right now. I have seen some pretty cool things that the kids have done. Perhaps, I will have time to upload some cool pictures later.

My friend Nicolle in the Ward asked me to watch her daughter Audrey when she goes to work, before her husband Chris gets home. They need me at least once a month. I really love Audrey. I have some pictures that Audrey did herself. Unfortunately, they are still in my camera. I have been watching Audrey since September. I think that we are a good match, because I can help her with flash cards, art projects, homework, make Audrey laugh, and sometimes we watch a movie. She likes to give me hugs, & talk with me about almost anything. Audrey is also very polite. She will ask questions and listen to you, even when you say no. She even says please. Thank you excuse me, etc. I hope to find other children. I can work with like I do with Audrey.

The other things I am doing with children, are just when mom is around the house. For example, the mom takes a nap or works on a project. I am there to keep the kids busy with something to do, or I help the mom with the project. That is all a free service that I came up with.

This is a good update for now. I will have more to come latter.

4 comments:

Kristen Wilde said...

Congratulations to your brother on finishing grad school!!
It's so nice of you to help those moms with their kids. If we lived close I would love to have your help!

Trish said...

Hi Tricia,

I do read your blog, but haven't been able to post comments, so.... They are lucky moms that have found you to help them out and free them up, especially at this time of year.
Merry Christmas!

Kathleen

Trish said...

Hey Tricia!

I'm glad you are doing so well at home! I'm especially glad to hear that you are working with VR to see how you can market your skills. I did an internship with the Arizona Center for Disability Law this summer and we worked a lot with the VR program in Arizona. It's kind of a mess right now as far as budgeting goes, but hopefully they are going to be able to work out the kinks so that people can get the services they need.

I hope you have a very merry Christmas; I'm going to miss not being in Oregon this year. I love you so much!

Sally

Corinne said...

Hi Tricia,
I'm glad you found my blog! It sounds like you are doing well, which is good. I hope VR is going well!

Corinne